This is a list of 84 quotes that i will live by for the 84 days or 12 weeks of Michelle Bridges 12WBT. I have put them into a bowl to pick out daily or more if i am feeling flat, negative, overwhelmed or struggling.
1. Just because you are struggling does NOT mean you are failing. Every great success requires some kind of struggle to get there.
2. It doesn’t matter if you’ve failed or if you’ve been beaten. All that matters is that you learn something, get back up, and try again. Because winning is a good feeling, but winning when nobody else thought you could is an awesome feeling.
3. Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.
4. ‘Finished last’ will always be better than ‘Did not finish’, which always trumps ‘Did not start.’
5. Don’t think too much, or you’ll create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place.
6. Thinking too long about doing something is often the reason it never gets done.
7. If you truly want to change your life, you must first change your mind.
8. Most great things in your life won’t happen by chance, they will happen by choice.
9. Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect.
10. Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.
11. There are seven days in the week and someday isn’t one of them.
12. You don’t have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great.
13. Sitting on the right track is equivalent to racing down the wrong track.
14. Procrastinators who say, “There’s always tomorrow!” deny the reality that one day, they will be wrong.
15. Do something today that your future self will thank you for.
16. It’s easier to take a small action now instead of a big action ’some day.’
17. What you do every day matters more than what you do every once in a while.
18. The real world doesn’t reward perfectionists. It rewards people who get things done.
19. If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.
20. The best way to prepare for the future is to take care of the present.
21. Don’t forget what happened, but understand that you cannot move forward while looking backwards.
22. Don’t carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones.
23. Mistakes teach you important lessons. Every time you make one, you’re one step closer to your goal. The only mistake that can truly hurt you is choosing to do nothing simply because you’re too scared to make a mistake.
24. Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing.
25. No matter how many mistakes you make, or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.
26. Your mistakes should be your motivation, not your excuses.
27. Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future; not cause you to be afraid of it.
28. Don’t get caught up in wasted potential from years past. Potential is all we ever have.
29. No matter how long you have travelled in the wrong direction, you always have the choice to turn around.
30. You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
31. Stop looking back at the door shutting behind you before you walk past the door opening in front of you.
32. Growth begins at the end of your comfort zone.
33. Being uncomfortable and uncertain is part of learning and growing. Get used to it. It’s worth it.
34. In order to be creative, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
35. Take a chance on the opportunities your gut says are good, because some things only happen once.
36. Don’t let your fear of what could happen make nothing happen.
37. If you want to fly, you have to give up the things that weigh you down.
38. When you stop worrying about what you can’t control, you have time to change the things you can control.
39. When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.
40. You might think you’re not good enough, but you’ll surprise yourself when you try.
41. People seldom do things to the best of their ability. They do things to the best of their willingness.
42. Don’t worry about others doing better than you. Concentrate on beating your own records every day. Success is a battle between YOU and YOURSELF only.
43. You’ll never reach your destination if you keep stopping to tell everyone where you’ve been and what you’ve accomplished.
44. If you are still talking about what you did yesterday, you haven’t done much today.
45. “Time changes everything.” That’s what people say, but it’s not really true. Doing things changes things. Not doing things leaves things exactly as they were.
46. Every day we are faced with great opportunities disguised as difficult circumstances.
47. There is a hidden treasure inside every problem. It’s your job to find it.
48. Nothing is impossible. The word itself says “I’m Possible.”
49. If you want to get over a problem, stop mulling it over and talking about it. Your mind affects your mouth, and your mouth affects your mind. It’s nearly impossible to move beyond something when you’re obsessing over it.
50. Worrying is like a rocking in a chair: it keeps you busy, but doesn’t get you anywhere.
51. Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.
52. The one who wins the race in the long run is usually not the strongest or the fastest, but the one who has tried the hardest.
53. Often it’s the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self.
54. The one who falls and gets up it so much stronger than the one who never fell.
55. The only difference between an obstacle and an opportunity is your attitude.
56. When something bad happens, you can either let it define you, let it destroy you or let it strengthen you. The choice is yours.
57. You have three choices in life: Give up, give in, or give it all you’ve got.
58. Don’t look back and ask, “Why?” Look ahead and ask, “Why not?” When it comes to your dreams and goals, be too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated.
59. No matter how many times you break down, there should always be a little voice inside you that says, “NO, you’re not done yet! Get back up!” That’s the voice of passion and courage.
60. Approach the start of each day with one goal and end the day with one word: DONE!
61. A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get very far until you change it.
62. Just because today is a terrible day doesn’t mean tomorrow won’t be the best day of your life. You just got to get there
63. Surround yourself with positive people who are going to push you toward greatness. Eliminate those who are trying to keep you from it.
64. The path to our destination is not always a straight one. We go down the wrong one, we get lost, and we turn back. But maybe it doesn’t matter which road we embark on. Maybe what matters is that we embark.
65. It doesn’t matter if you’ve failed or if you’ve been beaten. All that matters is that you learn something, get back up, and try again. Because winning is a good feeling, but winning when nobody else thought you could is an awesome feeling.
66. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
67. It’s your road and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.
68. Don’t be afraid of going slowly; be afraid of standing still forever
69. You will never fully believe in yourself if you keep comparing yourself to everyone else. Instead, compare yourself to who you were yesterday
70. Never try to be better than someone else but never stop trying to be the best you can be.
71. There are an unlimited number of ‘Dr. No’ folks that you will encounter in this life. If you have a personal inspiration, idea or goal, don’t let a ‘Dr. No’ deter you! Trust your gut, do the planning and then DO IT!
72. Fall down seven times, stand up eight
73. Those who complain the most, accomplish the least.
74. What you don’t start today won’t be finished by tomorrow.
75. Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing.
76. Being successful is a journey, not a destination
77. Problems, when they arise, are rarely as painful and hurtful as the process of fearing them.
78. In the beginning, you need to say “yes” to a lot of things to discover and establish your goals. Later on, you need to say “no” to a lot of things and concentrate on your goals.
79. Life is not easy, especially when you plan on achieving something worthwhile.
80. You are in competition with one person and one person only – yourself. You are competing to be the best you can be.
81. The only place where life exists is NOW. Go live it. Don’t wait for tomorrow or until everything is perfect. It never will be.
82. Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to lose.
83. When the ‘want’ gets stronger, the ‘how’ gets easier
84. You are powerful beyond measure. You never know what you are capable of until you push your barriers of comfort, even if it’s just a little bit each day.